THE BORING BUT NECESSARY STUFF…
Date of last update: 16 July 2023
By accessing and using this website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you must not access or use this website.
We reserve our right to change these Terms at any time, without notice to you. When we change these Terms, we will also update the “Date of last update” at the top of these Terms. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
Website not legal advice
1. We intend for the information on the Website to serve only as a general overview on matters of interest. The information on the Website is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute legal advice or any other form of advice, nor does it suggest any course of action.
2. We attempt to ensure the content is current and accurate but we do not guarantee its currency or accuracy. Your use of the Website or any of its content does not create a solicitor-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, this may be provided to you through Macmillan, and if you do intend to rely on any of the information on this Website, you should seek legal advice before doing so.
3. If you receive an offensive or unauthorised commercial message, which appears to originate from us, please assume that it has been sent in error and notify us immediately by email at email@example.com
Intellectual property rights
4. All rights (including copyright) in the content and design of this Website are reserved. All copyright is owned by us.
5. You may, for personal use only, print a copy of any part of this Website to view it. All other use, copying or reproduction of any part of this Website is prohibited without our prior written approval.
6. This Website may provide links to other websites. This is for your convenience only. We take no responsibility for the accuracy or currency of the information on those sites. We do not endorse any information, goods or services referred to within those sites, and our provision of these links should not be taken as an endorsement.
7. We are not liable to you on any basis (including negligence) for any loss or damage (however caused) arising out of or in connection with your use of this Website or its contents.
8. Our total liability to you for any claims arising out of or in connection with your use of this Website or its contents under any statutory right that cannot be excluded is limited at our option to either the resupply of the relevant services or the payment of the cost of same.
9. If you choose to use the Website, you do so at your own sole risk.
10. We make no representation that anything offered through the Website is available for use in other locations, or that it complies with laws and regulations of other locations.
11. We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure or error-free basis.
12. We make no warranty regarding the accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any content obtained through the Website, or that this Website is free of viruses or other harmful components.
13. To the fullest extent allowed by law, you agree to indemnify us from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, losses and expenses (whether in tort or in contract) arising out of or related to your use of this Website.
15. If any part of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a Court of law, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remaining parts will not be affected.
16. Any failure or delay by us to enforce any provision of these Terms will not be interpreted as a waiver of our rights or remedies.
17. These Terms are effective until terminated by us, which we may do at any time and without prior notice to you.
18. Any rights or obligations that have accrued up to and including the date of termination will survive.
Governing law and jurisdiction
19. These Terms, and all related matters, shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of New South Wales and Australia.
20. Any dispute under these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales and Australia.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.comF
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our contacts (“you” and when relating to you, “your“) and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
In this policy we describe how we manage your personal information.
1. The kinds of personal information we may collect
1.1 The kinds of personal information that we may collect include:
(a) contact details such as name, role or position, address, email address, mobile number, landline number.
(b) information relating to your circumstances and affairs;
(c) information regarding our communications with you and your attendance at seminars and promotional events held by us;
(e) if you are a supplier or prospective supplier, information about your business skills, services, products and prices.
2. How we may collect personal information
2.1 We may collect personal information by various means including when:
(a) you contact us with a question or inquiry;
(b) you attend a seminar or event where we are hosting or presenting;
(c) you visit our website.
2.2 Where practicable we collect personal information about you directly from you. However, we may have collected information about you from a third party such as a third party information provider, or a person responding to our questions or inquiries.
3. The purposes for which we may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
3.1 We may collect, hold, use and personal information in order to:
(a) respond to your enquiries;
(b) let you know about legal developments, our expertise and legal services that may be of interest to you and provided by Macmillan.
4. The parties to whom your personal information is disclosed
4.1 We may share some relevant personal information with third party service providers who assist us with archival, auditing, accounting, legal, business consulting, website or technology services.
4.2 We also will disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
5. Disclosure of information outside the jurisdiction of collection
5.1 We do not disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
6. Opting out of marketing communications
6.1 We may, from time to time, send you information, newsletters, or invitations. You can opt out of receiving further such communications by notifying us using our contact details below by clicking the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of any marketing e-mail received from us.
7.1 We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
8. Access / correction / updating personal information
8.1 You can contact us to access, correct or update your personal information. Unless we are subject to confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information and we are permitted to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, we will endeavour to make your information available to you within 30 days. Examples of circumstances where we may refuse to give you access to your personal information include where:
(a) giving access would be unlawful;
(b) we reasonably believe that giving you access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or to public health or public safety;
(c) giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
(d) giving access could prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to unlawful activity;
(e) giving access could reveal evaluative information in a commercially sensitive decision making process.
8.2 If you request to correct your personal information, we will correct, or, if we consider more appropriate, note your request for amendment of the information on your record.
8.3 We will not charge you to make a request to access your record but we may charge you to actually provide access depending on the costs associated with obtaining and providing the material.
8.4 These actions can usually be taken by contacting us using the contact information on the “Contact Us” section below.
9. Notification of Changes
10. Complaints / Contact us
10.2 We will endeavour to respond to any complaint within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.